25 March 2015

And Then There Were Four: Say Farewell to Zayn Malik




Today, Zayn Malik of One Direction announced he that he is officially leaving the band. After five successful years and three mega-hit albums, we tearfully say goodbye.


    In a very well put statement on the band's Facebook page Zayn says:

                                 "My life with One Direction has been more than I could ever have imagined.                                         But, after five years, I feel like it is now the right time for me to leave the                                             band. I’d like to apologise to the fans if I’ve let                                                                                       anyone down, but I have to do what feels right in my heart. I am leaving                                               because I want to be a normal 22-year-old who is able to relax and have some                                       private time out of the spotlight. I know I have four friends for life in Louis,                                         Liam, Harry and Niall. I know they will continue to be the best band in the                                           world."
   This is after Zayn announced his departure from the Asian leg of the On the Road Again tour last week due to stress and cheating rumors (which we all knew were false). The remaining band members - Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, and Niall Horan - released a message in response saying:

                                “We’re really sad to see Zayn go, but we totally respect his decision and send                                         him all our love for the future. The past five years have been beyond amazing,                                     we’ve gone through so much together, so we will always be friends. The four of                                   us will now continue. We’re looking forward to recording the new album and                                       seeing all the fans on the next stage of the world tour.”

    So as you digest this obviously sad news, let us remember the good times with a mini style evolution. And may we never forget the boy from the stairs. The milky high notes. The bad boy edge. The musical depth.  Till we meet again..

2010


2011


2012


2013



2014


2015




No comments:

Post a Comment